Let us help you!
Moving away can be stressful, but at Aspenson Real Estate we can help you ease the transition to your new home and community.
We can help you find a full time professional agent who knows the area. Call us and we will be glad to help you with your relocation needs.
Moving and Relocation Tips
Plan Ahead By:
- Deciding what to move, and what not to move, to your new home. Possibly plan a garage sale!
- Getting estimates from several moving companies or truck rental companies depending on how you plan to make the move.
- Planning your travel itinerary and making transportation and lodging reservations in advance (leave a copy with a friend.)
- Requesting records from doctors and dentists, including eye glass prescriptions, dental x-rays and vaccinations.
- Obtaining your children’s school records to make for an easier transfer.
- Drawing up a floor plan of where your furniture should be placed. This will help avoid confusion for you and your mover.
Don’t Forget To:
- Check on personal items that might be at the photo shop or bank safe deposit box.
- Transfer insurance policies or arrange for new policies.
- Gather all valuables, jewelry, important papers (birth certificates, deeds, documents) to take with you personally.
- Get refunds from your present utility and phone companies and arrange for service at your new home.
- Purchase moving insurance. Your mover’s liability for lost or damaged, goods will not equal their replacement cost.
- Change these addresses: Post Office, charge accounts, subscriptions (at least four weeks in advance).
- Change the outside locks… strangers may have keys to your new home.